Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Very Merry Mickey




Mickey Mouse , what can I say about the feeling I get being at a Disney Park waiting to see Mickey Mouse still gives me goose bumps. Even now that I am a Mom and my kids are getting older that feeling never goes away. Can you tell Mickey is my favorite Disney Character?




Mickey Mouse has evolved through the years as we all do , but when you go to visit him in the Disney Parks you do notice a change. When I was little Mickey looked different and when we go thru our little journey you will see his change.



 It was 1955 Disneyland, Walt Disney was at the Grand Opening with his beloved Mickey Mouse. Oh Boy, as you can see this is a completely different Mickey Mouse then what we are used to seeing. Their faces were big and their ears were set farther back. Mickey is not wearing a shirt and he got tights on. I will have to say I may not have wanted to get to close to this Mickey Mouse as a little kid looking like this.

 
Walt Disney passed away in 1966, it was a dark day for the Disney family and for the world . Here you see Mickey Mouse had changed quite a bit. He was friendlier looking and was dressed in a suit and tie. Actually to me, he was dressed as a kid would an era long ago. Maybe like Walt and Roy did when they were kids.




Walt Disney when he was as a little guy and as Mickey in 1966 (below). They are wearing the same type of tie very cute.




 Grand Opening of Walt Disney World 1970, Roy Disney and Mickey . Mickey is still smaller and the head has a blank expression. Mickey is still wearing a costume from 1966 era not much of a change.






In 1976 on our yearly trip to Disneyland {for some reason this trip was very clear in my memory}, this is how I remember Mickey Goofy and Donald.
Mickey and Donald were a lot smaller than they are today. You can see in this picture of the Bicentennial year celebration 'America on Parade' they are still as adorable but slightly different. Donald was always smaller in height to Mickey then. Mickeys ears, face were larger and his body was not as portion as he is today. I remember my dad was towering over Mickey in our family pictures.






 
By the opening of Star Tours in 1987 at Disneyland , Mickey Mouse looks like he was growing up. Now his body and head were now portioned., Mickey's expression is not blank anymore.  A welcome sight was he was now taller and he wasn't seeing eye to eye with smaller children. Who doesn't just love the iconic big shoes Mickey Mouse wears, now all his costume changes had big shoes.

At the opening of Mickey's Toontown in 1993 at Disneyland, Mickey was as Dapper as ever. Now we can see the widening of Mickey and Minnie's faces. His face has a friendlier look, his basic eyes aren't as inset  and his mouth is open wider. Mickey is polished in his everyday tuxedo and his changes were complete, or were they.

On October 2013 at Mickey's Toontown in Disneyland, we were Amazed and shocked to hear Mickey Talking to guest. It is wonderful to have Mickey Mouse ask your name and to actually have him speaking. But, I have some trouble with this. I love the fact that when you meet Mickey it was a communication between Mickey and you. It is part of the Magic to have Mickey nod and use body language with you when you Meet him. I have not had a chance to Meet the Talking Mickey and I know I just might cry if he says my name. That of course is because of my personnel relationship I have with Mickey Mouse. Now, we all have this Magical moments with our favorite Disney characters , I am just saying it out loud. ( lol )

Now I have gone through the years of Mickeys costume changes that were all right for their times. We know that Mickey Mouse whether he is talking or not will be the syblem of the Walt Disney's company and dream.  He's perfect in any form .


Thanks for reading our blog!
Follow us on FB and Twitter at @Disneysfun4us  website in construction !
FB:  
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Disneys-fun-4-Us/205979612906566?ref=hl






No comments:

Post a Comment