Saturday, September 21, 2013

Forgotten Attractions at Disneyland!









I recently looked at the old America Sings attraction that was in Disneyland, and I was pretty interested in it, even though I never rode it since I didn’t exist in this universe back in the 70’s.
It seemed like a cool ride. It apparently was a mix of Splash Mountain, Country Bear Jamboree, and Carousal of Progress, and it had audio-animatronic animals singing about….well….America. (apparently my mom loved it as a kid, lucky!)
But as I searched the wonderful world of the internet, I stumbled across something that was really intriguing.
There was a forgotten ride in the old America Sings site that was planned but never built, called Plectu's Fantastic Intergalactic Revue, which was going to be like America Sings, except in space.
Not like the animals would be in spacesuits or rocket ships lol
No, it was going to be friendly aliens that landed on Earth (kinda reminds me of Alien Encounter, minus the extremely scary pants-crapping alien monster)










So I could barely find any other facts about this ride, other than some concept art… which kinda makes me glad this thing WASN’T built.


Kinda scary.
But besides that, I found nothing else on this ride.
So after finding this out, I thought “hey maybe there are more rides that were never built” and sure enough, Wikipedia had a HUGE list of rides that never saw the light of day.
There was the pretty awesome Candy Mountain ride to open in Fantasyland.


This would totally fit now, since Wreck it Ralph is so popular, and it would be like the real version of the Sugar Rush video game!!! WRECK IT RALPH LAND, I WANT IT.
I wonder if Charlie the Unicorn would go :)


Then there’s the Enchanted Snow Palace, which in my opinion, is another great idea that could be used now.
The Enchanted Snow Palace was going to be a dark ride, where you ride in a boat on an icy river, as you travel the Artic caves and the palace of the Snow Queen.
I’ve got a concept drawing of one of the parts of the ride.

Aww how cute!
Unfortunately there’s no concept art for the outside of the ride, but there IS a picture of the Snow Queen herself.

Hmm….looks familiar….
I can already see this ride being made at some point, and if Frozen does good, we might get it after all J
Next is Geyser Mountain, the Frontierland equivalent to the Tower of Terror.

Not much to say about it, but that it looks pretty cool :)
And last, but certainly not the least, the amazing looking Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition ride.

(Isn’t it weird how the concept art always looks cooler than how the ride comes out?)
Not only was this going to a huge complex, it was going to have THREE DIFFERENT RIDES INSIDE.
YES. THREE.
It would incorporate the Indiana Jones ride, the Jungle Cruise, AND the Disneyland Railroad.
I’m guessing the Indiana Jones was going to be like the mine cart scene from The Temple of Doom (which I totally want. I’ve been saying I wanted that scene as a ride for YEARS)
But due to unknown reasons, this never came to be, and was then changed to Indiana Jones Adventure.
Now Indiana Jones Adventure is a cool ride, but I kinda wished The Lost Expedition ride was there instead, because it looks cooler and more fun than the ride that’s there now.
So that’s it, I’ll be back with more forgotten rides soon,
See ya real soon!
-Sunni
don't forget to comment and follow! thnx! 

No comments:

Post a Comment